African Explorer Gin: Limited Edition Gin with Rare African Botanicals
A limited-edition celebration gin from Elephant Gin, bursting with distinctive citrus and minty-cassis notes from African Buchu and grapefruit with a herbal botanical backbone and subtle notes of fresh ginger.
500ml | 40% Vol.
- Limited Stock. Ships in 1 -2 business days.
AFRICAN BUCHU LEAVES
With a delicious blackcurrant-like flavour, Buchu is a plant native to the lower elevation mountains of western South Africa.
Imparting subtle zestiness and citrus hints, White Ginger, sourced from Cameroon, enhances with a harmonious blend of flavour and fragrance.
MONODORA (AFRICAN NUTMEG)
With warm spice notes and earthy undertones, Monodora, the African Nutmeg, hails from the lush forests of Cameroon.
- Nose: Minty-cassis freshness from African buchu and zesty grapefruit. Subtle hints of White Ginger and Monodora provide complexity.
- Taste: Refreshing burst of citrus and herbal notes, balanced by the warmth of fresh ginger.
- Alcohol Vol: 40% ABV
- 15% of bottle profits go to protecting the critically endangered African Forest Elephant in Cameroon through the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF).
No Artificial Colours or Flavours.
Sip, savour and support Elephant Conservation
Each bottle is decorated with handwritten labels and colourful traditional glass Maasai beads all handmade by Maasai tribal women in Kenya. These beads can be repurposed into sunglass strings.
Each bottle is named “Ya’a” meaning elephant in the Cameroon Baka Language. The Baka people are the indigenous forest people in Cameroon. So as the original forest dwellers, AWF is also working with them to tackle threats to wildlife in their forest home.
• 50ml African Explorer Gin
• 150ml Premium Tonic Water
Fill glass with large ice cubes. Chill glass by stirring the ice.
Pour the gin and slowly add the tonic water.
Sustainable, every step of the way
Each bottle label is handwritten by our calligrapher.
Whilst most brands use rubber corks, we use an all-natural cork to seal our bottles.
Our bottle is shrink-sealed with a natural substance called resin. Our packaging does not contain any plastic as well.
100% RECYCLABLE GLASS
Our glass bottles are made of 65% recyclable glass and are 100% recyclable.