Elephant Sloe Gin is now 100% plastic free!
Because we continuously strive to improve our sustainable business practices, we craft every detail of our products to be as environmentally conscious as possible. This, however, has not always been easy.
After a long back-and-forth struggle with strict packaging regulations, we are proud to say we have managed to replace the standard PEC/PET plastic shrink sleeve you can find on bottle caps. By using polylactic acid, we are now creating fully-biodegradable shrink sleeves that also comply with global packaging standards.
Our Elephant Sloe Gin, for example, is now 100% plastic free! The bottle is:
– Made out of recyclable glass
– Closed airtight with natural cork
– Sealed with a biodegradable shrink sleeve
– Adorned with a glass-bead string
– Secured with carton instead of bubble wrap
Because the first step to changing the world is having the right spirit!